Driving School General Questions
How much track time will I get?
- Approximately 4 hours over the weekend. Usually four 25-30 minute runs per day. You’ll also receive 2-3 hours of classroom instruction.
Are the classroom sessions mandatory?
- Yes, we take the educational part of our school very seriously. There will be level appropriate classroom sessions with required attendance. Failure to attend classroom sessions may result in forfeiture of track time.
Is track time shorted during club race weekends?
- No, student and instructor track time is the same regardless of whether races are occurring or not.
Can I share a car with another student or instructor?
- Generally this is not a problem unless both drivers are novices with little or no track experience. At lease one of the students must have enough experience to be classified above the other.
As a student am I allowed to take passengers?
- No. Students can only drive on track with an instructor in the passenger seat. If a student is signed off solo, they can drive solo or have another instructor ride along. Students are prohibited from taking non-instructors out on track.
What is the Friday orientation day?
- The Friday before our normal school weekend is primarily for instructors. The committee does invite experienced “A” group students. Student invitations are based on their history with the chapter, Road Atlanta, and instructor recommendations.
Are touring laps going to be available?
- It varies; please refer the specific schedule for each event to be certain.
Can I bring pets to the track?
- No, Road Atlanta does not allow pets on the grounds.